RM2PT is a CASE tool for automatically prototype generation from a requirements model in UML diagrams complemented by formal contracts of system operations. Compared with other tools, our approach does not require design models but rely on a requirements model, which contains:
A use case diagram
System sequence diagrams
Contracts of system operations
A conceptual class diagram
The evaluation result from four case studies shows that our approach can correctly generate 93.65% code from requirements models, the remaining non-executable 6.35% requirements can be recognized and wrapped as an interface, which can be manually implemented or matched with third-party APIs libraries.
Note: if you can not reach the following videos on YouTube, please click here to watch those videos.
(YouTube) RM2PT - Automated prototype generation from requirements model
(YouTube) RM2PT - Requirements Validation through Automatic Prototyping
New features (v1.1.5):
- Automatic merge bi-directional association
- Support aggregation and composition in conceptual class diagram
- Domain Model scope added into textual model
- JDK 8 must be installed to run RM2PT
- JAVA_HOME is set to your JDK8 directory
Download (Links from GitHub)
- How to create a new RM2PT project with wizard
- How to create a RM2PT project from sketch
- How to import a exist RM2PT project
Case Studies (Update to v1.1.5)
Four case studies are used to demonstrate the validity and capacity of the proposed approach for requirements validation. Those case studies are widely used systems in our daily life:
- ATM - Automated Teller Machine
- CoCoME - Supermarket System
- LibMS - Library Management System
- LoanPS - Loan Processing System
CoCoME mainly contains the scenarios of the cashier to process sales in supermarkets, and supermarket managers to manage the storage of products. LibMS primarily involves the student to borrow and return books. ATM concerns the customer to withdraw and credit money. LoanPS touches the use cases of submitting and evaluating loan requests, booking a new loan and making the payment.
- RM2PT Slides (ICSE’19)
- RM2PT Slides (CSU Seminar)
- RM2PT Slides (Requirements Modeling)
- RM2PT Slides (Software Engineering Course)
- RM2PT Slides (Thesis Denfense)
Yilong Yang, Xiaoshan Li, Zhiming Liu, Wei Ke. “RM2PT: A Tool for Automated Prototype Generation from Requirements Model”. presented at the 41th International Conferences on Software Engineering (ICSE’19), Montreal, QC, Canada, May 2019.
Yilong Yang, Wei Ke and Xiaoshan Li. “RM2PT: Requirements Validation through Automatic Prototyping”. presented at the 27th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE’19). Jeju Island, South Korea, September 2019.
Yilong Yang, Xiaoshan Li, Wei Ke, Zhiming Liu. “Automated Prototype Generation from Formal Requirements Model”. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 2019
If you find any problem when you use RM2PT, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.